Saturday, November 5, 2011

I need help with failing community well water system - water holding tank as solution?

my cabin is located on a dry ridge (no hope for a well) and accesses water from a community well sys that is sometimes down for days with leaks, etc. I need at least a 5 day backup of water. Idea: add in a water holding tank. Water supply pipes are at bottom of lot, I would need a pump to get it up the hill into my tank, then out of the tank into the pressurized water tank and into the home. I am estimating a 1500 gallon holding tank (rental cabin with 4 bedrooms) to carry the capacity for 5 days. here are questions: 1) what kind of alarm could alert me that the water holding tank is not longer pulling water because the community water supply is out of order. reason for need - no one would notify me and I do not want to burn out the pump. 2) What kind of pump is best to pull water up hill into holding tank? 3) How would I keep tank from overfilling due to freezing potential during winter? 4) any other issues with this inline installation? thanks!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment